SINGITA MARA RIVER TENTED CAMP
LAMAI TRIANGLE. SERENGETI MARA ECOSYSTEM, TANZANIA
dreams of those who sleep upon feathers are not
more beautiful than the dreams of those
who sleep upon the earth?
About Singita Mara River
Singita Mara River Tented Camp
Only 6 luxury tents - 16 guests
(with 2 connecting family suites)
All suites are white canvas with impressive views from the window screens and feature indoor luxury baths, an outdoor star shower, and a private viewing deck with slip-covered chairs.
Contemporary African design adds a funky, bohemian-glamor to living areas; white sail canvas, eco-friendly pale wood, local beadwork, traditional blue-red maasai plaid fabric & all leather furniture.
Main lounge area overlooking Mara River full of hippo & crocodile.
Outdoor dining area with special location by the river.
Eco-luxury concept works with solar-powered camp and minimalist approach with all tents raised to allow cool breezes and excellent views.
Plunge pool at main camp with spectacular views of the river.
The most game-rich of all: About the Lamai Triangle
Tucked safely away from the mainstream safari route, little has been documented about the Lamai Triangle where the Serengeti plains dip into the Mara River and Kenyan plains beyond. Until a few years ago, there were hardly any permanent camps, let alone a luxury offering in this vastly remote locale in the far northern reaches of the Great Serengeti. Game flourished here and its teeming rivers were only witnessed with much dismay from the disadvantaged and overpopulated Masai Mara game reserve in Kenya. All this changed when the Tanzanian government elected to open the Lamai area to eco-luxury tourism with carefully chosen parcels consigned to a mere handful of responsible safari companies in Africa.
In keeping with the government decree to construct environmentally-sensitive camps that would lend a hand to conservation in the area, Singita were granted concession of a prime location overlooking the Mara River given their outstanding ecological experience and model success in the flagship luxury Singita Grumeti Reserve to the south.
Valid for holiday season:
For 2015: Dec 15-31
Valid for Peak season: Jan,
June thru Oct & Dec 20-31
Valid for 2015: Feb till March
May16-31 & Nov 1-Dec 19.
Luxury tents at Singita Mara River Tented Camp
Roundtrip air from Grumeti to Kogatende airstrip
All meals, drinks and afternoon tea service
Full American breakfast made-to-order
Lunch and dinner served with fine wine
Professionally guided game drives in game-rich terrain of the Lamai Triangle
Complimentary laundry service
Twice-daily guided game drives in 4x4 vehicles
Professionally guided bush walks and tracking
Stargazing evenings with wine or hot chocolate!
Reserve entry fees of $50 per person per day. Children 10-yrs or older only; ages upto 18yrs when sharing pay 50% of published price.
Ready to book your adventure?
San Francisco, CA
Hours: Mo-Fr 7am to 4pm
- Glamorous East African style tents designed as luxurious canvas suites capturing the authentic bohemian beauty of safaris in chic and breezy linens - enjoy the most exclusive accommodation in the area.
- Remote and isolated location with endless views of the Mara river.
- Menus crafted by Singita’s most talented chefs, paired with fine vintages from the famed SA wine cellars.
- Knowledgeable resident guides to lead your game drives.
- Consistent year-round concentration of wildlife in Lamai Triangle located north of Singita Grumeti reserves - easy flights from Singita Sasakwa Lodge allow for extended stays through the private Singita safari circuit.
- Ample photography opportunities for Wildebeest crossings on the river.
- Hippo and crocodile bask in the river before the camp.
- Lots of privacy - unlike the crowded Masai Mara, this side of the ecosystem is off-the-beaten path ensuring undisturbed viewing and simply the most extraordinary Migration experience.
Singita’s New Location
of Singita Mara River Tented
Want a longer safari? ASK ABOUT OUR LUXURY SAFARI SPECIALS AT SINGITA AND ACROSS AFRICA.
View all Singita deals
Africa’s most dramatic Big Cat Safari.
The Great Migration & River Crossing
What’s special about the Lamai Triangle?
Photographed on location by
Field Guide Marlon du Toit
Photo gallery Singita Mara River Tented Camp
- Luxury safari tent accommodation
- All meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Flight between Singita Lamai & Singita Grumeti
- Guided safari activities and game drives
- Complimentary laundry service and Wifi
Jun - Oct 31 2015